Friday, July 3, 2009

Some new parts (in more ways than one...)

Our first daughter showed up on the scene on Tuesday, 9 pounds 5 ounces. Hailey is back home with us and everyone's adjusting. No posting of baby pics, I have to draw the line somewhere.....

Back on the E21 subject, I received my Topend kit for the battery and air intake a day early (go UPS!) and have started removing the portions of the battery tray to find a complete tear in the steering rack boot. Hopefully that's just a new boot kit to fix. Good thing I'm not driving this car all over the place. The tray is all rusted and I see where I need to do some further grinding to remove all those little rust spots.

The Topend air kit is very simple and well built. It consists of a K&N filter and a welded 3" diameter steel tube that provides for a nearly direct path for air. No up, over, through, down and over as with the old airbox. The side benefit is that you can easily get to the oil filter (as mentioned in their site).

No comments:

Post a Comment