Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ghost in the Machine....

I managed to reinstall some of the front end and found some annoying electrical issues. To start, the car had a bad battery as a result of freezing over the winter. The battery would not hold a charge and I changed 2 not just 1 battery to find this out. When reinstalling the headlights (the euro conversion Hella ones) I must be plugging in the leads wrong on the low beams because I get all sorts of relays clicking when I start the car and turn on the lights. It's bad enough that the engine actually died when I clicked on the headlights, WTF! I don't want to fry the electronics, so I have to be VERY careful on how I fix it.

Thank goodness I have a multimeter to test all of the circuits. I tried to see if there was a grounded circuit that was draining the battery (no luck) and then the headlight thing reared it's ugly head. I haven't even tackled the euro signal lights! I hate electrical issues, but this is just forcing me to read diagrams and figure out what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment