Wednesday, January 21, 2009

EBay is the Devil

I thought that I was above being sucked into the EBay thing, but no.... It's just too simple to type in things like "E21" and get back results you just can't ignore. I managed to acquire an instrument cluster off a 320is that may work for me. It has the 120 mph speedo. I could never understand the idea of a speedo that has not only a red "55" on it, but a limit of 85. My wife goes over that passing people on the thruway. What, I not supposed to know how fast I am going if I'm over the posted speed limit??? "Gee, officer. I really don't know how fast I was going. Look, my speedo only goes up to 85." Will that work in court? Yeah, didn't think so.

Anyways, the testing and install should be interesting to say the least. I've got to find out if the tach and speedo work with my setup. I won't install if it means I have an inaccurate gauge, that will drive me nuts (no pun intended). All the talk about rear end ratios, what year model works for what.... blah, blah, blah. The info is cloudy at best. Just need the time to prove it to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment