Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ghost in the Machine: electrical issues

Well everyone, I managed to get the 320 home this past Friday. It drove great for a car that's 28 years young. I did notice a few quirks on my way home. The first was seeing the tach and clock both go out at once. One second they're there and the next, nothing. Don't know what that means. The next time a started it, the clock and tach was back on (sending unit???). There is also a little issue with a bulb in the signal light that refuses to go out. That's managing to drain the battery.

I can remember my E30 doing all sorts of strange things with indicators, computer checks, etc. At least this model doesn't have all the additional electronic gizmos my E30 had. I'd like to just have a simple, good performing car.

Here are some things I do miss on this car: fuel flow gauge. That was great entertainment on any drive. Almost better than the radio....

No comments:

Post a Comment