Sunday, March 22, 2009

Catching a few minutes this weekend

Well, I managed to do a few things this weekend. Among them were some bodywork with my two oldest kids, doing the rolling test for the speedo cable, and making some aquisitions on EBay.
First, the rear wing and taillights came off and I've been sanding and grinding the areas around the chronically rusty E21 areas. The cracked windscreen came right out and I went right to it with sanding, grinding, rust treating, etc.
While doing all of this, I came to the decision that this is going to be a modified E21. There are just some things I like better than stock and it will also provide the opportunity to try some customization work. With the euro bumpers, it's already half way there. One thing I'd love to try is to install a custom headliner and get this interior updated. More gauges and a slightly altered paint job. I found a clear coat "toreador red" mettalic that is like a deep mettalic cherry red. BMW just sucked with paint selections in the 80's. Herrarot should be banned, my "chestnut red" isn't much better with age. I've posted some shots on the site.









No comments:

Post a Comment