Monday, February 1, 2010

Battery or Goodery?

That was the question posed to me by some old guy at the auto parts store. I just stopped in and am completely shocked at the battery prices being asked now! $124 for a regular E21 battery??? WTF? Dude, I just want something to check the electronics on my car. Thankfully, the guy behind the counter took me in back and found a battery for $35! so that I could just use it for checking the 323 out.

I got it back to the lair and installed it (it is too tall, but for now it's fine for what I'm using it for) and of course the HAZARD SWITCH IS BROKE! They should sell these by the dozen! I can't check anything unless I push it in juuuust right to allow the clock to turn on and it's fun to see what the clock reads each time you push it in: 5:40, 30:90, 30:50, etc. what time is 30:50 anyways?

The fuel gauge reads 20 litres, YIKES! 20 litres of rotten, old, nasty gas to siphon out! That's going to be fun!! I have to do it if I want to restart this bad boy.

As for the switches, I'll check into my parts reserve to see what I've got. Maybe I still have the switch from the white E21 to put in....

No comments:

Post a Comment