Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Bimmer has left the building....

It's finally happened. One call to the local salvage yard and the two 320i's are gone. I called and in 15 minutes the driver showed up. I tried to finish up the work on pulling the LSD, but the driveshaft bolts wouldn't budge. I let them take it and negotiated that for the price of what they were giving me for salvage that they would safely retrieve the LSD (that's the limited slip differential for any NSA monitors out there!). The driver showed up and cabled the white one right off the blocks and onto the flatbed, the red one rode behind on the dolly. I got the wheels back and I will be returning to get the LSD tomorrow am. It's strange not having all these E21's around, but better for my wife.

I spent today weeding through the remaining parts I have in bins and in the garage attic. It's strange having all this new room.

No comments:

Post a Comment