Monday, May 21, 2012

Kicking Pixie's Butt....

Kicking Pixie's Butt....

Could have said something more suggestive than that I guess but let's keep it PG. Managed to get some further work done on the rear valence and rust removal. This stage is the final part of prepping and painting. I don't want to squander the last of the color matched paint!  Sand, prime, sand, prime, fill, prime and paint. Repeat as needed. While waiting for the paint to dry I fixed up Trixie's front air dam and spoiler.

Here are a few pics. Clear coating is the last part and coming soon!
 Lots of sanding and priming to go. Those small marks and defects just drive me nuts!
 Rear sanded and ready for a first color base coat to bring out all the spots I missed....
 The nearly-final product at work. Blending with some 800+ grit wet sanding and then clear coating.
 Shot of the passenger side. I took the time to really sand out the lower portion and get things smooth.
Aw heck, with the back end looking so good (and having to wait until the paint dries on the back).
Some other bits done while waiting....

No comments:

Post a Comment