Thursday, November 29, 2012

Lost Trixie and Gained a Shark....

After several months dragging into years the reality that I would never get around to Trixie's (my '80 E21 323i) restoration hit this fall. This realization along with my wife telling me it would be nice to have a BMW that wasn't a manual pushed me to keep my eyes open for an opportunity

Well, that presented itself in the form of a 1986 E24 635csi from KlubVintage in NJ. This also provided me with the chance to unload what had become a VERY LARGE collection of E21 parts and Trixie herself, sitting in the back of my office (remember that?) then at Bill Dewicks (RIP) garage for a year and then finally home for a few months.

So, I now have a car I can drive and allow Pixie a long-earned rest and chance to work on her over the winter to get her back in shape for the summer.

Thanks Adam for working the deal with me! Hope you enjoy all those pieces of E21 euro goodness that have been dropped off at your place.

I'll post some pics of the trip and write about the "incident" on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment