Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Mild Winter and New Ideas....

Well, it's been a while since the last posting and I am still trying to clear out the garage so I can bring Trixie home. Lots of work for her since the last owners didn't take great care of her. The car really needs to be out of the elements and under a roof although I know that there is now a finch family residing in my garage by the "gifts" left around the place.

With Pixie acting up lately, my worry is that I'll be out BOTH cars soon if I don't get the other car in and working. My '82 has started to drop in fuel economy and now the steering is making noises. Not good. I can't complain too much about a 30 year-old car with the small things going wrong. I've also noticed this on her start ups... See the pic. Upon startup the "smoke" comes out of mainly the right exhaust which is the front cylinders I'm guessing. Hey wait! Don't I have a center resonator that would compensate for that???? Weird! It appears that one of the front 3 cylinders has started allowing oil to get past the rings. Sigh.







1 comment:

  1. Turns out that the pipe leading to that muffler was completely shot, allowing the exhaust to leak out. So that is why one had "smoke" and the other didn't.

    ReplyDelete