Thursday, May 13, 2010

Visiting Old Friend @ the Pick 'n Pull

Lunchtime today consisted of an adlib visit to Trout's Auto Recyclers in Waterloo. This is where the 2 E21's were sent after being sacrificed on the marital alter. I never got to pull all the new pieces that I had installed, especially those two NEW wing panels on the red one. I stopped in, parked out front and proceeded to walk with toolkit in hand to claim what was once mine.
I was told there was no inventory to speak of, just go in and look. So there was no way to tell if they were even there or scrapped. After walking all the way to the back, I found the white one. Just about in the shape it was in back in September.... Motorsport wannabe stripes and all. I pulled the heater fan switches and other stuff I knew I could use. Couldn't get under it to pull the fuel pump or the diff. I think I'll go back and get the hood as a trophy....

Okay, I was pretty dissapointed to find only the white one. I started to think that the red one got pulled and scrapped, but after spending some time with this one I started walking around again. Figured I'd have to walk out anyway so why not do some sightseeing.


About 20 cars away on the west side of the back lot I found this......

Found her. Sad to see, but at least I got some more useful parts out of it and the new wing panels from WandN I bought!
I strapped them together and walked out and paid for my parts ---- a second time. Now I'm thinking I may get the doors for the '80 323i.... I spent soooo much time grinding and redoing those doors.
All parts into the 323i truck and gone, for today.














No comments:

Post a Comment