Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring is Coming....

Well the new parts for the '80 323i arrived this week. I now have the parts needed to get the car started (I hope). Among them were the new headlight switch, oil filter, fuel filter and the fuel sender. Now the next steps are to pull the spark plugs, change the oil, change out the radiator fluid and fuel filter.

It would be so nice to get this one running! A major victory for the Greymarket Divison. The tank vacuum worked great. My only gripe was the constant fixing of the silicone tubing from bending and preventing me from completely sucking out all the fluids/ solids. I did the best I could and managed to vacuum out about 5 gallons of fuel from the tank. It was really nothing but varnish at this point.

Here is a link to the photos of the vacuum setup using a common 3 gallon tank, silicone tubing and a houshold vacuum cleaner.

http://picasaweb.google.com/d.r.long08/ProjectE21Part2#5451556545696768722

No comments:

Post a Comment